Social Services Assistant - Avamere Rehab of Lebanon
Social Services Assistant
Setting: Skilled nursing
Location: Avamere Rehab of Lebanon - 350 8th St, Lebanon, OR 97355
- Tuition assistance
- Access up to 50% of your net earned income before payday
- Mentorship opportunities & Career development
- Employee assistance program featuring counseling services, financial coaching, free legal services, and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
Avamere understands the importance of affordable and accessible healthcare for our team members and is very excited to partner with SEIU 503 and the Essential Worker Healthcare Trust to offer an excellent health insurance benefit plan at a significantly reduced cost to the employee.
Starting in 2023, our Full-Time Oregon team members will be able to participate in a PPO or HMO plan with deductibles as low as $800.00 with significantly reduced premium costs. Employees will be eligible to start using their benefits within their first month of hire – no 60+ day waiting period! Vision, Dental, STD, LTD, AD&D, and other benefits are available for enrollment as well.
- Complete social service assessments and care planning to meet the psychosocial and discharge needs of the residents.
- Assist the interdisciplinary team with completion of MDS assessments and care planning.
- Effectively communicate information concerning a patient’s condition with other departments and government agencies.
- Participate in the discharge planning, providing information to residents and families of programs available.
- Coordinate care conferences and attend required meetings.
- Ensure resident rights are upheld and advocate on behalf of the resident and family members. Act as a liaison between the resident family group and the interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Some college education preferred in related field, but not required.
- Knowledgeable of the rules, regulations and guidelines that govern nursing care facilities preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a positive member of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Please Note: Effective Oct. 18, 2021, all Avamere employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious exception. If you are hired by Avamere after Oct. 18, 2021, you will need to be fully vaccinated (or obtain an approved exemption) prior to starting work and need to provide proof of vaccination (or approved exemption) within 10 days of starting work.
Avamere Skilled Advisors, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify