Patient Care Tech - Med/Surg Oncology N
- Department: Med/Surg Oncology
- Schedule: Full-time Night 7p730a - 36 hrs wkly w/weekend and holiday commitment
- Hospital: St. Agnes - Ascension
- Location: Baltimore, MD
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision in assigned area.
- Aid with entry and exit of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
• Nurse Aide credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date required.
• High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
• Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Saint Agnes in Baltimore, Maryland operates a full-service, 254-bed teaching hospital, the Ascension Saint Agnes Medical Group, Ascension Saint Agnes Imaging Center and Ascension Saint Agnes Foundation. As an associate, you will be a part of a team that is committed to providing a place of respect and inclusion for all associates, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.