Fenton ,MO ,US
Performs basic patient monitoring activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of agitation or confusion.
- Removes visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate environment and reports as appropriate.
- Documents observations according to hospital guidelines.
- Meets with the patient’s nurse at the beginning of shift to review the patient care plan and activities for the shift to ensure that the expectations, goals and responsibilities are clearly understood in order to achieve patient and staff safety.
- Observes isolation precautions as indicated.
- Observes monitoring equipment and notifies nursing staff of alarms.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No education required
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.