Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) - Critical Care (ICU)
University of Maryland Saint Joseph Medical Center (UMSJMC), a member of the University of Maryland Medical System and located in Towson, Maryland, has an excellent, full-time opportunity available for a Critical Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) to join our team.
• Seeking a hardworking, detail-oriented NP/PA to work with a team of Pulmonary and Critical Care Providers.
• Applicants must have the ability to diagnose patients and implement a plan of care for acute and chronic health conditions in the intensive care unit.
• Closed Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit
• 16 bed MSICU, 6 bed Intermediate Care Unit
• Rotating schedule, including weekends, holidays, nights as required to meet 24/7 patient care needs
• NPs must be Acute Care-certified
• CMS 5 Star Hospital
• #1 Community Hospital in Maryland, US News and World Report
As a UMMS provider, you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid time off
- CME leave and CME allowance
- Retirement plan – 403-B with employer match
Be part of a rich tradition of Medicine while shaping the future of care delivery.
A community hospital located in Towson, MD, University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (UM SJMC) is a 263-bed Catholic hospital with more than 700 physicians on the medical staff. Its numerous areas of specialization include cardiology, cancer, orthopaedics, emergency care, obstetrics and gynecology, surgical services, diabetes, psychiatric services and wound healing. UM St. Joseph has been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a grade ‘A’ hospital and by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in both the state and Baltimore Metro area, making UM St. Joseph the highest-ranking community hospital in Maryland. In addition, we’ve been consistently recognized as a top employer by Baltimore magazine.
- *ACLS Certification (Required)
- *Registered with MDHMH and holds a Federal DEA number (Required)
- *State Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner License or Physician Assistant License (Required)
- *State Registered Nurse License (for Nurse Practitioners) (Required)
- Critical Care experience is highly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.