- Department: Security
- Schedule: Rotating
- Hospital: Ascension Providence
- Location: Waco, Texas
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge/follow policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Train and mentor staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures. Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provide for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participate in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid accidents and traffic or parking violations.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Security Guard credentialed from the Texas Department of Public Safety preferred.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Providence, based in Waco, Texas has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1905. When you join Ascension Providence, you will become part of a team that operates more than 30 primary and specialty care clinics, inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs, and full-service hospital with advanced surgical care and 24/7 emergency care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.