Weekend Activities Assistant
Grays Harbor Health & Rehab is seeking a motivated and creative Activities Assistant to join our amazing team!
The Activities Assistant works under general supervision responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating the activity program under the general direction of the Activities Director. The activity program will assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interest, physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
Today’s aging population means there’s a growing demand for health care professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available at Avalon Health Care!
Minimum pay - $18/hr Maximum pay - $20.00/hr
Shift: Part time: Saturday - Monday
Full-time are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- FSA & Dependent Care FSA
- Life Insurance
- AD&D, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability
- Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity
- Legal Benefits, Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance and Auto/Home Insurance.
Part-time are eligible for all of the above except Medical. On Call are not eligible for any of the above except 401k
**Placement within the wage range for this position is determined by years of experience, qualifications, and demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions.**
- Schedule and coordinate leisure activity programs to meet the needs of all in house residents.
- Develop and plan activity programs to allow participation by residents within their capabilities.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to schedule activities and meet survey requirements.
- Complete a Comprehensive evaluation on each resident.
- Document the individual activity assessment and activity plan using the appropriate process and forms. Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Establish an active Volunteer Program
- Develop a plan to effectively use community resources and serve as the facility’s liaison to these resources.
- Identify changes in behavior in residents and communicate these changes
- Record development to reflect appropriate participation in programs.
- Evaluate residents to assist in the development of the individual activity program
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, an Associate’s degree preferred.
- Be a licensed or registered Activity Professional or recreational Therapist or successfully complete a training course.
- Must have two years’ experience a social/recreational setting in a long-term care.
- Must have ability to work independently and be self-motivated, organize and prioritize work and assignments, meet deadlines, write reports and communicate clearly.
- Be creative, reliable, and flexible.
- Work well with people of all ages, think clearly and make appropriate decisions.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Avalon Health Care Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer