OBGYN Resident Clinic Preceptor
Ascension Genesys Hospital OBGYN Residency Program is seeking an OBGYN Resident Clinic Preceptor for the Ascension Genesys Downtown Flint campus (located at 420 South Saginaw St.,Flint, MI 48502).
This is an hourly position requiring approximately 4 hours per week.
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Why Join Our Team
About Ascension Genesys
- Ascension Genesys Hospital is a dynamic and innovative organization committed to the medical, economic and spiritual vitality of our community.
- 410-bed center includes a Level II emergency trauma center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and clinical expertise in neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and minimally invasive surgical procedures in almost every specialty area
- Ascension Genesys is an integrated healthcare delivery system with multiple locations serving Flint and five counties with a complete continuum of care
About Grand Blanc
- Ascension Genesys Hospital is in the city of Grand Blanc which sits in southeast Genesee County approximately 60 miles north of Detroit.
- The school system is one of the best in the state of Michigan.
- Grand Blanc prides itself on its small-town atmosphere and friendliness and is an excellent community in which to work and live.
- Opportunities for shopping and dining are plentiful and churches of all denominations are present throughout the area.
- Bus, train and air transportation are easily accessible.
What You Will Do
- Resident precepting with 3-4 residents at each clinic block
- Supervision and oversight of resident communication with patients
- Participate and supervise all resident procedures
- Supervise resident patient management plans
- Participate in person with majority of patient obstetric visits
- Participate in person with annual exams
- Participate in person with Level 4 visits and all new patient visits
- Advise residents and staff with patient care plan
- Work with resident team to complete medical records in a timely manner
- Participate with scheduling resident patient GYN surgeries
- Evaluation of resident performance in the clinic setting
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)preferred.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.