Admissions Registered Nurse (RN)
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for a Admissions Registered Nurse.
The Admissions Nurse works closely with Admissions and Referral Center (ARC) staff, the physicians, and the patient and their families to establish trust and rapport when interviewing a patient’s medical history, current medications, current health updates, vitals, and the nursing processes to both adult and adolescents to ensure the patients experiences a seamless transition to the unit.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance sensitivity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families and co-workers throughout the admissions process.
- Provides support and concern for the patient to ease anxiety during the admissions process.
- Responsible for documentation of patients’ medical history, and findings as part of the assessment and admissions process, continually assesses and reassesses the patient’s medical and psychiatric status and changing needs.
- Accompanies the patient to the unit and assists with the transition to the unit.
- Performs duties with frequent interruptions, in close quarters and under time constraints in a professional manner.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the legal aspects of nursing and of the policies, procedures and regulations of the hospital.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle incoming crisis calls, make referrals and complete assessments as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) of 6.46 hour biweekly accrued
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Reimbursement Program (Up to $200 per month)
- Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance and much more
Hours: We have first, second, and third shift available. There is an every other weekend requirement.
Forest View Hospital is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At Forest View Hospital, our Human Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Basic understanding of psychiatric nursing theory and practice.
- 2 years of previous psychiatric clinical experience preferred.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in providing general nursing care.
- Must present proof of COVID -19 Vaccination status or request an exemption due to a qualifying medical reason or a religious exemption based on sincerely held religious beliefs.