Care Partner / Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
*Full and part time positions available, some weekends may be required!
The Care Partner will provide assistance with daily living activities for residents with Alzheimer's/Dementia. You may be required to respond to emergency calls and situations, document and report care provided, and transport residents to various functions or locations. Familiarity with Alzheimer's/Dementia, and a willingness to work with the elderly population is essential for this role.
Working at Artis Senior Living, you will be empowered to share your voice, and your uniqueness will be treasured! We will honor your integrity and show our appreciation for your commitment to enriching the lives of our residents and team members, by consistently recognizing your efforts. These guiding principles are the very foundation of The Artis Way! At Artis Senior Living you’re so much more than an employee, you’re family!
The Care Partner will:
- Assist with activities of daily living such as grooming, oral hygiene, toileting, bathing/showering, eating, etc.
- Assist with personal and household chores, such as tidying up room, errands, delivering mail and/or newspapers.
- Transport residents within the community to meals, enrichment activities, and other programs as needed.
- Ensure resident care plans are reviewed and followed consistently.
- Observe and monitor residents for behavioral changes and/or adverse reactions to medications or treatment plans. Communicate any changes to clinical staff immediately, as well as document changes thoroughly.
- Respond to emergency calls, resident/visitor’s requests and correct environment hazards in a timely, appropriate and safe manner.
- Observe community policies and procedures regarding resident and team member safety, attendance, timeliness, house rules, teamwork, and resident service.
- Maintain professionalism and resident confidentiality at all times.
- Adhere to all Infection Prevention, OSHA, fire and safety regulations at all times, to ensure the safety and well-being of all community residents.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
Care Partner Educational Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Caregiver, CNA or Home Health Aide certification is preferred, but not required.
- Fulfill and maintain continuing education credits as required by state.
- Must be willing to obtain and/or maintain current First Aid/CPR certification.
*To ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and team members, Artis Senior Living requires all team members be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon their start date.*