Patient Services Representative, Urgent Care (part-time, days, American Canyon)
At NorthBay Health the Patient Services Representative performs general front office duties including reception, registration, appointment scheduling, insurance verification and medical records management functions. The Patient Services Representative functions as part of a clerical, and customer service team in support of Ambulatory Division medical practices.
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required. Some college business or computer course work preferred. Course work in medical terminology preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Current AHA or equivalent BLS certification required.
- One to three years of customer engagement experience and/or service centered role required.
- Experience within a healthcare environment in medical record processes, appointment scheduling, referral and authorization processes, registration process, and back office clinical support preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively articulate thoughts into a productive and meaningful discussion.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities effectively and within expected timeframes.
- Working knowledge in the areas listed below, preferred:
- Differentiation of the unique characteristics of the following insurance types: Medi-Cal, Medicare,
- Managed Care, Indemnity and Workers Compensation
- Impact of completeness and accuracy the registration/admission process on successful claims processing and receipt of payment.
- Impact of completeness and accuracy the registration process on the delivery of safe, high quality patient care.
- Demonstrated service excellence including, but not limited to professionalism, customer focus, compassion, strong listening skills and a warm demeanor.
- Consistently exhibits empathy, optimism, resourcefulness and cultural competency in interactions with others. Open to learning new things and partnering with others in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of conducting him/herself in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the unique complexities and challenges of the healthcare environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
4. Interpersonal Skills/Customer Service: The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare.
The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
Hourly Salary Range Min $24.16 - Max $26.60 (Offered hourly rate based on years of experience)