Security Officer-MSH - Full-time
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Security Officer
Provides security for employees, patients, visitors and deters loss of property through access control, patrols, crime prevention activities, and investigation of unusual activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides protection for medical center patients, employees and visitors, by staffing assigned post, patrolling assigned areas and investigating unusual occurrences and accordingly, provides protection for the facility and property.
- Provides emergency and general assistance by responding to Team 7000s, restraints, patient observations, disruptive persons and other requests for service.
- Participates in access control by checking identification, screening visitors, checking property passes and clearing areas at the end of visiting hours.
- Directs vehicle traffic to prevent congestion that would hinder center operations. Ensures that ambulance bays are cleared of unauthorized vehicles.
- Offers assistance and direction to visitors and patients, and detains those individuals not authorized to be on the premises.
- Escorts Medical Center funds and valuables from various locations to the Cashier.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Security Officer License ( New York State )
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $19.86 - $22.07 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.