Dietetic Aide- Full Time- Clinical Nutrition Services
The Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department at Dartmouth-Hitchcock encompasses Patient Food Services, Clinical Nutrition, and Dining Services. FNS aims to provide a nutritional environment which supports a population-level approach to a healthy diet and aligns with the D-H commitment to improve the health and wellness of our patients, employees, and community and create a sustainable health system.
The Dietetic Aide at Dartmouth-Hitchcock works directly with our patients by completing activities related to patient nutritional care, meal service delivery and assists patients with menu completion.
This is a full-time, position with competitive rates starting at $17/hr.Evening and weekend shifts receive a shift differential, and weekend shifts are required.You must be at least 16 years of age to apply for this position.
We are offering a $3,000 sign-on/retention bonus for this position.*The bonus is available for external hires only (or current D-H employees moving to a 30 - 40 hour per week position from a per diem role) and certain conditions apply.
To learn more about our Food and Nutrition Services department and roles - watch here:
- Assists with tray delivery and collecting menus.
- Corrects patient menus on assigned units based on physicians’ order and Nutrition Care Manual.
- Assists patient with menu completion and check patients’ satisfaction with selections and compliance with physicians’ diet order.
- Collects diet change sheets and completes diet changes using computer reports.
- Prints special nourishment labels and lists for Production.
- Prints and checks menus and tray tickets following specific instructions regarding patient nutritional care.
- Checks patient tray line by comparing patient menu selections with tray items. Requests that the Diet Office make appropriate therapeutic substitutions.
- Uses ADT printer slips to update electronic cardexes as per protocol.
- Answers phone using telephone log sheet to record all messages. Processes requests as established within clinical policies and procedures.
- Counts and records diet census and tube feeding orders.
- Makes note of patient choices, correcting as necessary using computer-generated reports. Prints and distributes tally reports.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma (or GED) strongly preferred.
- 1 year of related dietary experience preferred.
- Must have good verbal, written communication and computer skills.
- Area of Interest: Service;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 - 1.00 - 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 15058;