Milieu Security Coordinator
Milieu Security Coordinator Opportunity
Emerald Coast Behavioral Hospital provides inpatient treatment services to children, adolescents and adults at our 86-bed facility in Panama City, FL and outpatient services to adolescents and adults at our three outpatient centers located throughout the Florida Panhandle. Additionally, we offer specialized treatment for active duty military members through our Military Resiliency Program, specialized chemical dependency treatment and TMS therapy for chronic depression.
Visit us online at: https://emeraldcoastbehavioral.com/
The Milieu Safety Coordinator ensures the safety and security of the hospital buildings and grounds, its patients, staff and guests. Promptly contacts appropriate individual with notification of security problems.
- Act as liaison between facility staff, patients, families, and law enforcement. Assure a safe, nurturing, clean, & supportive environment for patients, staff and guest.
- Perform perimeter facility checks throughout the shift, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, and unlocked doors. Keeps supervisor and/or Director of Plant Operations accurately informed as to building and grounds maintenance issues that may affect safety or security.
- Ensure the safe entrance into the Hospital by utilizing the portable metal detector to scan visitors. Monitor the lobby entrance area. Assist in ensuring all visitors have signed in with the receptionist and possess the appropriate identification sticker.
- Assist in the safe entrance into A&R by utilizing metal detector to scan all patients and accompanying friends/family. Assist in securing all belongings.
- Maintain and complete all required documentation related to patient safety, facility condition, rounding, etc. Communicate issues to administration, nursing supervisors, or other designated authorities.
- Conduct facility rounds and report deviations from the expectations and standard. Recognize patient escalation and take preventive steps to reduce incidence of restraint and seclusion. Document patient behaviors, condition, & progress in a manner prescribed by policy and clinical standards. Work with individual patients as needed to develop and promote positive patient outcomes and reduce the need for restraint and seclusion.
- Provide supervision, crisis intervention, and behavior management as directed by unit and facility guidelines, employing appropriate verbal and crisis intervention techniques. Respond on behalf of the facility in crisis situations. Work to maintain a safe, nurturing, clean and supportive environment.
- Maintain responsibility for q15 minute checks, when directed.
- Checks patients for contraband and manages patient belongings. Orient patients to the facility with emphasis on procedures & standard practices. Maintain professional boundaries with patients, families and guest.
- Perform Mental Health Technician (MHT) duties as assigned.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Education Assistance Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $12.6 billion in 2021. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or higher in a related field preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in an acute behavioral health setting with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques, demonstrated understanding of mental illness and related behavioral management techniques.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and service excellence skills. Presents oneself in a positive and professional manner through appearance and conduct.
- Active driver’s license with record that meets Facility and Corporate Risk requirements for approved drivers of company vehicles.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and CPR certification within 60 days of hire.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs and assist in restraining patients up to 300 lbs.
- Ability to work a 40 hour per week schedule between 12p and 12:30a. Saturday or Sunday is required.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.