Advanced Practice Provider
Provides support to body interventional practice through performance of inpatient and outpatient consults and clinical support operations for the Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology. Works in partnership with faculty physicians provide excellent clinical care and customer service in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Works in conjunction with the Chair of Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology, Physicians, PA and Allied Health providers and OHSU leadership to provide services to further the University’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach, and public service and the Department’s/ Hospital’s goal of providing effective, efficient care.
Function/Duties of Position
Responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to;
- Perform and document history and physical exam on outpatients presenting for interventional radiology procedures
- Perform and document inpatient consultations
- Provide post procedure care and orders to patients
- Prescribe medications, determine pre, intra and post-procedure medical management and write orders within licensed scope of practice
- Practice within E&M billing and compliance regulations and requirements
- Perform or learn how to perform minor invasive procedures
Care will be provided at Legacy Emanuel medical Center, Randall Children’s Hospital, Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital and, Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center. Duties include inpatient rounding, inpatient discharges, patient follow-up by phone/ MyChart, tunneled and non-tunneled line and port removals and pre/ post procedure care; serve as an extension of the interventional radiologists; and engage in public service through consultative activities with non-university groups as approved by the Chair, Dotter Department of Interventional Radiology. Under the guidance and supervision of the department Chair, faculty members, PA may perform detailed patient history and physical examinations and obtain informed consent for procedures; write appropriate orders and review lab results to insure acceptable limits; assist in development of patient care protocols and follow-up guidelines; administer drugs including narcotics, stimulants and depressants; write routine pre/ post procedure orders as necessary; attend appropriate hospital conferences/ educational opportunities; follows inpatients after procedures and writes appropriate orders as necessary; write discharge orders and coordinate arrangements for follow-up care; perform image-guided procedures; assist with major radiology procedures performed within the department; round on patients, write appropriate progress on patient charts indicating status of treatments and procedures performed.
Duties may encompass but do not require scholarly activity in the use of diagnostic/ interventional techniques to better our understanding of detection/ treatment of diseases. In addition, this position will participate in the instruction of Physician Assistant students in interventional radiological techniques.
- Current, valid licensing and credentialing as a PA or FNP by the State of Oregon.
- Minimum 3 years PA practice experience.
- OR, if a new graduate, excellent professional and educational references from director/ instructors of PA program.
- Certified in all basic and advanced cardiac life support standards as established by the American Heart Association.
- Eligible for state and federally controlled substances registration
Previous experience in a procedural practice setting.
All are welcomeOregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.