Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for our Cook position.
Visit us online at: https://forestviewhospital.com/
The Dietary Cook is responsible for preparing main menu items and various duties in the kitchen, including the preparation of various portions of meals, presentation of food, and delivery of food in accordance with current regulatory standards and established policies and procedures.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparing and serving meals.
- Cleans and inspects equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Takes inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Works with Culinary and Dining Services leadership and/or dietitian to ensure menus are varied, nutritionally balanced and appetizing.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving meals.
- Perform and coordinate food production, cleaning, maintenance, and inventory control activities.
- Maintains and insures food safety at all times.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions of work areas and ensures food quality is at health regulation standards.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Reimbursement Program (Up to $200 per month)
- Pet Insurance and much more
Hours: The hours for this position are 10am-6:30pm. There is an every other weekend requirement.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Forest View Hospital is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At Forest View Hospital, our Human Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education or training in the culinary field preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in food service role in preparing food for institutions, such as school, hospital or cafeteria preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and rotating holidays.
- Must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or have an approved religious or medical exemption.