BW Environmental Services Technician
To maintain a clean, sanitized environment for all patients, visitors and staff throughout the hospital. To include seven-step cleaning procedure, floor care maintenance and trash removal.
The mission of Baltimore Washington Medical Center is to provide the highest quality healthcare services to the communities we serve.
Reports directly to the Environmental Services Supervisors and Director of Environmental Services
Experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021! As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UMBWMC) provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve. Our medical center is home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service and outstanding people. We have 285 licensed beds and we’re home to 3,200 employees and over 800 physicians. Our expert physicians and experienced, compassionate staff are connected to medical practices in the local community as well as at University of Maryland Medical Center in downtown Baltimore. For patients, this means access to high-quality care and research discoveries aimed at improving Maryland’s health. Our physicians and nursing staff specialize in emergency, acute, medical-surgical and critical care. In addition, our medical center is home to many Centers of Excellence, offering expert outpatient health care.
High school diploma or GED preferred and must be able to read and write. Prior healthcare environmental services experience preferred.
Patient care environment in healthcare setting; potential for regular exposure to communicable diseases and hazardous materials, requiring the observance of standard precautions and safe handling practices; handle waste management of all types throughout the facility.
- Must be able to stand, bend, reach and walk throughout a normal working 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions, pushing motions, pulling motions, have the ability to grasp on frequent basis (30-40 times per hour each motion) and perform crouching motion as required (6-8 times per hour). Safely operate mechanical equipment, i.e., vacuum cleaners, burnishes, etc. Must be able to demonstrate visual acuity sufficiently to provide accurate quality of work.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 gallons of fluid or 5-20 pounds of bulk substance.
- Must be able to work with and properly measure cleaning agents that may be acidic; alkaline and solvents.
- Must be able to read and understand dilution directions and warning labels on all chemical products and MSDS sheets.