- Department: Diagnostic Radiology
- Schedule: PRN, Variable hours and shifts available
- Hospital: Ascension Via Christi St Joseph
- Location: Wichita, KS
All radiology experience levels welcome!
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepare and position patient for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and report abnormal activity.
- Monitor protocols and recommend updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure room, storage area, dressing room, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Position patient and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's degree/Technical degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Via Christi caregivers have been caring for and providing healing to Kansas communities for more than 135 years. As the largest healthcare provider in Kansas, we offer career opportunities across a number of hospitals, clinics, therapy centers and home health services.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.