HR Business Partner
(Hybrid role: work from home & office)
As a member of the leadership team for assigned customer groups consults with clients to develop and implement effective human resource programs, policies and initiatives designed to sustain a positive work environment. Participates as an active and involved partner in the development and execution of client-specific and organizational business plans and strategies. Actively supports human resources departmental objectives by collaborating with other staff, particularly specialists in functional areas of the Department. Acts as the primary point of service contact for the leadership group and employees on interpreting human resource policies, procedures, and practices. Consults with, coaches, and trains leaders on how to achieve operational and strategic objectives consistent with human resource objectives for the organization. May perform recruitment or other related duties at the assigned affiliate hospital.
- Develops and executes HR plans and strategies to accomplish business objectives for assigned areas. Ensures that human resource services delivered are value added, effective and consistent with both departmental and organizational business and strategic objectives.
- Provides necessary consulting support and takes proactive steps to enhance the growth of a performance-based culture in areas of assigned responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, providing consultation on performance management issues, fostering a learning environment and influencing leadership on appropriate rewards and recognition functions for their staff.
- Acts as the first point of contact for leadership group and employees. Consults with clients on a wide spectrum of HR issues related to guidance on performance management, workforce engagement, total compensation, human resources development and employment. Provides consulting advice and direct service where appropriate on total compensation and other HR specialty issues. Provides counsel on employment law related concerns such as ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, etc.
- Is proactive in identifying workforce engagement opportunities to improve and enhance the environment for the majority workforce and takes initiative in developing and implementing appropriate action plans. Works with assigned clients on complex employee issues (i.e. advocacy concerns, investigations, progressive discipline, harassment or discrimination allegations and workplace violence situations).
- Leads in the design, development and implementation of special projects and human resource initiatives, either as initiated by the HRBP or as assigned by the HRBP’s supervisor. These projects could involve organizational development strategies e.g. organizational restructuring or redesign, strategic planning, change management, leadership development, and conflict resolution.
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health (UM UCH) offers the residents of northeastern Maryland an unparalleled combination of clinical expertise, leading-edge technology, and an exceptional patient experience.
A community-based, integrated, non-profit health system, our vision is to become the preferred, integrated health system creating the healthiest community in Maryland. We are dedicated to maintaining and improving the health of the people in our community through an integrated health delivery system that provides high quality care to all. Our commitment to service excellence is evident through a broad range of health care services, technologies and facilities. We work collaboratively with our community and other health organizations to serve as a resource for health promotion and education.
Today, UM UCH is the leading health care system and second largest private employer in Harford County. Our 3,500 team members and over 650 medical staff physicians serve residents of Harford County, eastern Baltimore County, and western Cecil County.
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health owns and operates:
University of Maryland Harford Memorial Hospital (UM HMH), Havre de Grace, MD
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (UM UCMC), Bel Air, MD
The Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation, Bel Air, MD
The Patricia D. and M. Scot Kaufman Cancer Center, Bel Air, MD
The Senator Bob Hooper House, Forest Hill, MD
- Three years of progressively responsible Human Resource experience, preferably in employee and labor relations, with emphasis on experience in healthcare or other human service organizations.
- B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development or another related discipline is required. Masters degree in Business, H.R. or Organizational Design/Development preferred. Successful candidates should also hold professional certification, either as a PHR (Professional in Human Resources) or SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources), or some equivalent certification in a related human resources field preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.