TEACHER - ACADEMIC
TEACHER - ACADEMIC, Full-Time Position Available
At Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents, we're always learning, growing, and focused on our effort to provide the highest quality and compassionate care to our patients. If you are interested in a career dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the patients and families you serve, then Cumberland is the place for you! Come join our team! Located in beautiful New Kent, VA. Our extraordinary people are in the right place making a positive difference in the lives of children every day!
This is a YEAR ROUND POSITION, with a spring break and a Christmas break. School day is 8:30 am - 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday. Our school is accredited through Dept of Ed.
Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents is a unique acute care, inpatient specialty hospital with 110 licensed beds, including Med Surg. and Residential Treatment Center; staffed by the finest physicians and treatment teams. We treat patients, ages 2-22 who have chronic illnesses, brain injuries and neurobehavioral disorders with co-behavioral issues.
Cumberland is a beautifully designed hospital:
- Staffed with excellent physicians and over 275+ devoted employees, all dedicated to providing the best possible care for our patients!
- Surrounded by 100 spacious acres of sprawling countryside, rolling hills, waterways and wildlife;
- Year-round, accredited school system for our patients;
- Therapy animals that provide daily interaction with our patients, including rabbits, dogs and goats;
- Enjoyable patient activities include a swimming pool, exercise room, music, art and playgrounds;
- Peaceful environment where patients flourish as their minds and bodies heal while treated with the utmost care.
- Conveniently located in eastern Virginia; we enjoy all 4 seasons, local beaches, fishing, water sports, golfing, hiking, sporting events, museums, regional festivals, historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, Richmond and less than 3 hour's drive to Shenandoah or Washington, DC.
To learn more about Cumberland Hospital click here...
Cumberland Hospital offers comprehensive benefits such as:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- New Competitive Compensation + best shift differentials in the area!
- Student Loan Consolidated Payment Program
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plans
- Generous Paid Time Off 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
If you would like to learn more about the Teacher position before applying, please contact Jane Petro, HR Manager at 804-966-1645 or send your resume to Jane.Petro@uhsinc.com.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides education to all students assigned according to State and Federal regulations
- Completes all documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Participates in various teams to maximize educational impact and assure integration of all services to patients and residents.
- Must work cooperatively and professionally as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Special Education (Required as min) or Master's Degree in Special Education with a specialty area in either Mental Retardation, Emotional Disturbances, or Learning Disabilities.
- MUST have a certification in some form of special education for K-12: Special Ed General Curriculum, Emotional Disturbances, Specific Learning Disabilities, or Intellectual Disabilities
- MUST have current Virginia State Teaching License
- Three years related experience (preferred) with adolescents and children.
- Previous experience with emotionally disturbed or physically disabled persons preferred.
- Must be able to sustain physical activity throughout the scheduled shift, must be able to perform CPR and First Aid.
- Able to remain on feet throughout the scheduled shift
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.