Mental Health Tech - Phlebotomist
Salt Lake Behavioral Health is seeking a compassionate team player for our Mental Health Technician / Phlebotomist
Shift: 6am-2pm M-F
Salt Lake Behavioral Health is a private 118 bed freestanding psychiatric hospital specializing in mental health and substance abuse treatment for adults. We understand that not all wounds are visible. Depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction and suicide affects millions of individuals and families. Our mission is to transform lives through exceptional patient care.
For much more visit www.saltlakebehavioralhealth.com
Benefits of joining the Salt Lake Behavioral team:
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ facilities
- Annual education/tuition assistance
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent and affordable Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match and discounted stock purchase plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Free healthy and delicious meals
- Expand your experience and energize your career
The Mental Health Technician / Phlebotomist functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients. The Phlebotomist works to coordinate patient blood draws, and ensures ordered blood draws are completed and submitted to the lab for processing. MHTs/Phlebotomists work under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
For more information about Salt Lake behavioral Health, go to our website at www.saltlakebehavioralhealth.com and you can also watch our video from staff at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4bm4W1rnfo
Mental Health Tech / Phlebotomist Qualifications:
- Education: High School Degree or equivalent preferred; or Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. Completion of an accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant program is required.
- Experience: One year of related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with understanding of mental illness, preferred.
- Certification: Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy Certification Required.
- Additional Requirements: CPR certification is required. You will need to successfully complete our current training for restraints and seclusions. This training will need to be done prior to assisting in any patient restraints or seclusions and within 90 days of employment.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.