Pharmacy Technician Specialist - Inpatient
This is a full time, 1.0 FTE position. AM Shifts starting times vary from 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM. PM Shift starting times vary from 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
- A competitive starting pay of $19.22 per hour/year, relevant work experience will be considered.
- External hires may be eligible for up to a $3,000 sign on bonus.
Be part of something remarkable
Advance your career in pharmacy at UW Health.
We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician Specialist to:
- Prepare and distribute pharmaceuticals, perform inventory control, compliance audits, and financial transactions, provide excellent customer service, and maintain pharmacy records.
- Demonstrate exemplary teamwork and work as part of an interdisciplinary patient care team.
- Adapt to a changing environment, demonstrate flexibility and a positive attitude to complete any work within the scope of the role.
The ideal candidate will have sterile compounding or hazardous drug compounding experience. Experience performing in a fast-paced and high volume environment preferred. Teamwork and attention to detail are essential to this role.
Minimum –High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred – Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program
Minimum –One (1) year experience as a pharmacy technician or completion of accredited pharmacy technician training program
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred –Certified Pharmacy Technician
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.