Registered Dietitian - Per Diem
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for a Dietitian position.
Visit us online at: https://forestviewhospital.com/
A Dietitian is responsible for patient consultations concerning diet therapy and nutrition including assessment and implementation of nutritional needs and diet prescriptions. Patient population served includes both adolescents and adults in the inpatient and partial hospitalization programs. Patients may also require treatment in specialty programming for sexual trauma, eating disorders, dual diagnosis (both substance abuse and psychiatric issues), and neuropsychological disorders. This position actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values of Forest View Hospital using our Service Excellence program.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes multiple assessments on referred patients.
- Makes patient nutrition recommendations for nursing staff to implement.
- Communicates daily with treatment team (Nursing, MHW, Supervisor, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with eating disorder treatment team (Psychiatrist, Case Manager, Activities, etc.).
- Provides nutritional strategies for patients.
- Conducts ongoing Eating Disorder groups and support groups.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Forest View Hospital is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At Forest View Hospital, our Human Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
- Registered Dietitian (or within six (6) months of registration with B.S degree in Dietetics/Nutrition or equivalent education is required.
- Two or more years working experience as a Clinical Dietitian plus experience with eating disorder individuals desirable.
- Must possess the ability to make independent, responsible decisions and work independently.
- The ability to communicate, both oral and written, in a clear and concise manner with patients, staff, public, and physicians is required.
- Must present proof of COVID -19 Vaccination status or request an exemption due to a qualifying medical reason or a religious exemption based on sincerely held religious beliefs.