Geriatric Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner
This nurse practitioner role is housed within the UCLA Health Behavioral Health Associates team with a primary focus on providing psychiatric care to the senior population.
NP functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate
Standardized Procedures (SPs). By using the SPs the NP is able to
change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition and
determines if they are abnormal findings (Ca Nursing Practice Act, subsection(b) of Section 2725). The NP will provide and coordinate the care
of patients, provide patient/family education, promote safe continuity of care. The NP also participates in interdisciplinary and clinical rounds,
provides education and support, as well as makes appropriate referrals. Document services rendered.
Salary Range : $80.78- $115.78 hourly
- CA RN License and CA NP license- required
- Master’s degree in a clinical field related to nursing, or a graduate degree in nursing-required
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Speciality (PMHNP) -required
- National Certification in NP specialty-required
- Additional: NPI #, DEA #,
- Enrollment in PECOS, Enrollment in CURES
- BLS certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association -required
- 3+ years with geriatric patient population- preferred
- Ability to utilize excel, word and other software programs -required
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with administrative, clinical and academic personnel-required
- Skill in working independently and following through with minimum direction-required
- Ability to set priorities-requiredDemonstrate writing skills to compose logical, detailed and grammatically correct correspondence-required
- Document patient care in a concise and comprehensive manner-required
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.