Consumer & Patient Experience Specialist
- Department: Business Administration/Patient Experience
- Schedule: Partially Remote, 8-hour shift, Monday-Friday
- Hospital: Michigan Statewide Markets
- Location: Openings throughout locations in SE Michigan, Western Michigan and Northeast Michigan Regions
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Develop and oversee service and service recovery consumer experience. Implement action plans to improve outcome measures.
- Provide service and service recovery support to consumers and patients.
- Guide the communication and investigation for complaints and grievances.
- Document, respond, or escalate in a manner that meets service levels and achieves improved satisfaction.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop, implement service and service recovery initiatives and/or training.
- Participate in committees, work groups and process improvement teams aimed at improving consumer experiences.
- Serve as subject matter expert to address consumer experience insights with key stakeholders.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's degree/Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- 3 years consumer experience preferred.
- 1 year project management preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce and Google Workspace a plus.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.