Community Response Officer/Security Nights
On Call Position- M-Su; Both shifts
On Call workers' schedules can vary significantly from week to week depending on the employer’s need. There is not a guaranteed amount of hours scheduled. Requests for work may be made with short notice.
Salary Range: $20.30 to $22.33 depending on experience
Shifts Available: Night Shift- 4 pm to 12 am; 11 pm to 7 am
Under general supervision, the Security Officer promotes and maintains a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors, team members and community. Provides general security in the buildings and surrounding areas of the community according to the established standards and within the assigned areas of responsibility.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Ensures that the community and grounds are secure by monitoring surveillance equipment;
- Patrol halls and grounds of community on a regular basis throughout shift according to standard procedure in order to detect unauthorized activities;
- Check exit doors for compliance with locking procedures.
- Provide high visibility and presence to assure residents of caution and care.
- Document any unusual or incorrect findings, complete incident reports as needed.
- Respond to emergency radio according to procedure;
- Follow procedure for emergency including aiding and directing emergency vehicles and personnel as needed;
- Direct and assist team members as needed;
- Confronts unauthorized and/or undesirable persons and follows procedure as required;
- Completes regularly scheduled inspections of facility;
- Ensures that safety hazards are removed or corrected as needed;
- May respond to emergency alarms, eg. fire and pull cord in the p.m.; checks to see if the alarm is valid and calls for emergency assistance if appropriate;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior security guard experience preferred.
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where required by regulation or company policy, you will be required to show proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination or proof of a vaccination appointment prior to your start date (as applicable). Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.