Research Assistant 2
The Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC) is located 12 miles west of the OHSU main campus, and sits on 162 acres of land featuring forested areas, research and administration buildings, indoor and outdoor animal housing, a pond, and 2-mile perimeter walking path. Our mission is to improve human health and the quality of life through the support of nonhuman primate research programs that advance our knowledge of the causes, preventions, treatments, and cures of debilitating diseases.
Function/Duties of Position
The Research Assistant 2 will provide technical support for ongoing research projects for work related contraception research in an in vitro model. This position requires a hardworking, dedicated individual who can follow directions and work independently. Laboratory work will include tissue culture work performing common laboratory assays, but also maintaining the lab environment including dishwashing, lab cleanliness, and organization. Good communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with ONPRC investigators/staff and collaborators, as well as excellent organizational skills are a must.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's in relevant field OR Associate's AND 3 years of relevant experience OR 4 years of relevant experience OR Equivalent combination of training and experience
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and oral formats
- Ability to work both independently and in a small group setting, and one-on-one with collaborators in a positive and productive manner, and to work efficiently and skillfully with a variety of diverse staff and collaborators
- Working knowledge (6 months relevant work experience) of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Photshop or other graphics software, and GraphPad Prism
- Organizational skills and careful attention to details
- Database management and quality control skills
- High level of self-motivation and integrity
- Work is performed in both laboratory and animal handling settings, which carry a potential risk of exposure to chemicals, biohazard materials, dry ice, and low-level radioactivity; and zoonotic agents through injury, by direct contact with animals or their tissues and body fluids, or by contact with equipment contaminated by animals or their tissues and body fluids
- Ability to lift, carry, and move objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for several continuous hours
- Excellent eyesight is required in order to perform all duties, corrective eyewear (if needed) must be worn at all times
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field
- 1 year relevant research experience in laboratory
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter, CV/resume and references.
All are welcomeOregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.