Medical Front Office Primary Care
- Department: Primary Care
- Schedule: 8 - hour day shift Monday - Friday
- Facility: Ascension St. Vincent's Medical Group
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Work in a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in a medical setting.
- Greet patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation.
- Verify and enter demographic information.
- Obtain and verify insurance authorizations/precertification.
- Complete medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
- Enter, review, and submit charges for patient procedures and services daily.
- Collect co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provide general office and clerical support to assigned area.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent's is expanding in the fastest-growing county in Northeast Florida with the addition of a fourth regional hospital, Ascension St. Vincent’s St. Johns County. Serving Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Ascension St. Vincent's has been providing caregivers in every discipline a rewarding career in healthcare since 1873.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.