Director of Nursing
Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens is seeking a Director of Nursing (DON) to join the Health Center team. The Director of Nursing (DON) plans, directs organizes, and evaluates nursing services to meet the total needs of the residents; ensures an efficient health facility operation in cooperation with other departments and in compliance with state and federal regulations. Provides care in accordance with our "Philosophy for person-directed Care."
Salary: 120K-145K plus performance-based incentives (depending on experience)
- Makes daily rounds to observe residents and ensure that staffing levels meet residents' needs; ensures all appropriate and necessary nursing care is provided in the Skilled Nursing setting;
- Interacts with residents and families/responsible parties and staff; answers questions, gives directions and support;
- Directs admissions and discharges within the Health Center; coordinates with the acute hospital, assisted living, and independent living staff;
- Conducts staff meetings;
- Performs administrative planning;
- Supervises nursing and management staff including scheduling, hiring, training, and evaluating; acts on team member concerns; recommends transfers, salary increases, and discipline;
- Completion of Accredited Licensing Nursing Program (RN)
- BS Degree, Masters Preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and related professional experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional managerial experience in a related field
- Clinical observation and assessment skills
- Proficient computer skills are necessary to complete documentation, review electronic health records, and communicate with team members
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current RN License
- Current CPR certification
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits.
- Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays
- Company-matching 401(k)
- Health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues
- Tuition Reimbursement
- $25 Cell Phone plan, unlimited data
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where required by regulation or company policy, you will be required to show proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination or proof of a vaccination appointment prior to your start date (as applicable). Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.