Case Management Coordinator
- Department: Case Management
- Schedule: Full-Time, Days
- Hospital: Ascension St Thomas West
- Location: Nashville, TN
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide various services supporting case management process.
- Obtain and record authorizations for ancillary services and denial reporting.
- Facilitate, identify and document all referrals, along with patient choice, to appropriate
facilities or agencies.
- Expedite discharges by transmitting appropriate documentation to providers for acceptance of patient.
- Document all interactions with payers and communicate status with appropriate staff.
- Communicate status with case management staff and arrange for patient transfer. Function as a key point of contact between case management staff, admissions and payers.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Saint Thomas in Tennessee is one of the largest healthcare providers in the state. Offering rewarding careers across 12 hospital campuses and a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics, and rehabilitation facilities, you will find an environment that allows you to thrive and create a career path you love. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers, like you, to join us and influence care across our communities.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.