Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Fellowship
- Sign-on bonus: up to $20,000
- Department: Intensive Care Unit ICU
- Schedule: Full time Night Shift, 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. with 7 day per week availability, weekend and holiday shifts required.
- Hospital: Ascension Providence
- Location: 6901 Medical Pkwy, Waco, Texas 76712
***We are hiring***
Title: RN Fellowship- Registered Nurse
Cohort: June 12th, 2023
The Ascension Providence RN Fellowship is designed for experienced nurses who are interested in transitioning from one clinical specialty into a new specialty. This means, these nurses are moving from clinical practice areas they are currently working or have prior experience, into a new specialty. Just like the RN Residency, an experienced nurse may be hired into one of the different specialties we have to participate in the RN Fellowship program.
Minimum 1 year RN experience
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (GN) obtained prior to start date or job transfer date is required-OR-Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date-OR current home state license for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing OR Required professional licensure at time of hire.
1 - 2 Yrs Current ICU RN Experience Preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Providence, based in Waco, Texas has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1905. When you join Ascension Providence, you will become part of a team that operates more than 30 primary and specialty care clinics, inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs, and full-service hospital with advanced surgical care and 24/7 emergency care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.