Medical Assistant, Pediatrics
100% FTE, with hours between 8:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday. No weekends required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
Pay: UW Health offers a competitive compensation package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay. You may be eligible for up to a $3,000 sign-on bonus.
Be part of something Remarkable
Join our high quality, patient and family-centered care team as a Medical Assistant in the Pediatric Department.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to:
- Join our team of pediatric and adolescent medicine physicians who provide a comprehensive approach to childcare from birth through adolescence.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate and patient-family centered environment.
- Prepare patients for examination, obtain vital signs, document chief complaint, medications, and allergies, and administer medications and treatments.
- Promote healthy lifestyles, wellness, and education.
UW Health offers clinical and administrative continuing education opportunities for Medical Assistants including AAMA approved CEUs, Elsevier Skill Packages and free weekend webinar events (twice per year).
At UW Health, you will receive:
- Excellent benefits, including paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance and retirement plans.
- Work-life balance - our positions allow for scheduling flexibility that aligns with an optimal work-life balance.
- Excellence in patient and family-centered care is recognized and celebrated through an award program.
- Tuition reimbursement - UW Health invests in your professional growth by helping pay for coursework associated with career advancement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or Licensure as an LPN or Completion of the UW Health Medical Assistant Apprenticeship program or Completion of CCMA as a UW Health employee or
- In lieu of the above requirements, two (2) years of recent Medical Assistant experience and current CMA, RMA or CCMA certification
Preferred – One (1) year of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant or LPN
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certified as CMA, RMA, or CCMA or eligible for certification. Certification must be obtained within one (1) year of hire date.
- If applying in lieu of Medical Assistant education or LPN licensure, must have current CMA, RMA, or CCMA certification.
- CPR/BLS certification
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.