Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Phlebotomist PRN today with Parkridge East Hospital.
Parkridge East Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Phlebotomist PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated 13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Phlebotomist performs blood draws on patients who need diagnostic testing and may perform EKGs for pre-procedure testing in Tower Pre-Admit Testing and Tower Ambulatory Care. The Phlebotomist is supervised by and works with the RNs to achieve timely pre-procedure blood draws and testing. The Phlebotomist must have interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, families, team members, physicians and ancillary staff.
What you will do in this role:
- You will collect blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
- You will follow hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory.
- You may perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results.
- You will maintain records of tests performed and blood samples taken.
- You will maintain needed equipment and supplies.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Formal phlebotomy training and experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parkridge East Hospital is a 120+ bed facility in East Ridge. We provide a full range of medical and surgical services. These services include orthopedics and robotic surgery. We have a 24/7 Emergency Department. This ED is recognized by the Society of Chest Pain Centers as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility also offers obstetrical care and complex gynecological procedures. We also hold a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Specialized providers in the NICU include neonatologists, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists. These staff are on site at all times. Visit us for excellent general and OB care!
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patients family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.