Behavioral Health Technician - Adult Psychiatry
- Sign-on bonus: $5,000.00
- Department: Adult Psychiatry
- Schedule: Full-Time, 8-hour Day shifts, rotating weekends and holidays
- Hospital: Ascension Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital
- Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide direct behavioral health patient care.
- Assist patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provide or assist with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
- Observe and record patient behavior and activities.
- Report any changes in condition and suggest modifications to the treatment plan.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention credentialed from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) preferred.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health preferred.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's degree/Technical degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
BS in Psychology or related field required
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Illinois delivers compassionate, personalized care throughout Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. As one of the largest health systems in Illinois with 15 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care, you will find an environment that allows you to thrive and create a career path you love. Join a diverse team of more than 17,000 associates and more than 600 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.