Join the SSM Health Team and Fulfill Your Calling!
At SSM Health, we bring together and cultivate exceptional people. When our employees thrive, so does our healing Mission.
SSM Health is committed to creating a partnership with employees. We ask our employees to actively engage and participate in decisions that impact on their work. We celebrate together and recognize those people who help us deliver an exceptional experience.
Position Specific Information
As a Cook, you will assist the Executive Chef in menu planning, you will also prep and cook various menu items using a grill, ovens, flat top stoves, etc. for our dining services area which allows you to interact with other employees as well as with the public visiting the hospital dining room.
PRN hours will vary based on the fill-in needs of the department. Hours can fall between 6am-8pm M-F and on weekends as needed.Prepares and presents nourishing food to patients, guests and employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance with established policies and procedures. May prepare baked goods according to recipes and production standards.
- Prepares foods by following recipes and/or production standards for preparing, seasoning, cooking, baking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods. Follows recipes and product directions to prepare items such as breads, rolls, cakes, muffins, biscuits. Ensures all food is prepared in accordance with current applicable federal, state and HACCP guidelines and regulations to ensure the highest quality food.
- Performs quality assurance tasks such as routine temperature checks for final cook temperature and holding. Responds to quality assurance concerns and documents for future reference.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in good working order.
- Stores or disposes of food remaining after each meal service following safe food storage and labeling procedures. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the coolers, freezers and storeroom.
- Maintains accurate records (e.g. production, waste, food temperatures, and thermometer calibration, etc..) as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures.
- Consults with the clinical dietitian on modified diets or patient special requests as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No experience required