Med Tech - Assisted Living - $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
At MorningStar Senior Living, we talk a lot about culture. In fact, we rather obsess about it. For without a transformative culture, we cannot begin to elevate and celebrate the lives of our resident-heroes, and be ourselves changed for the good in the process. So, we seek great hearts, other people like us, who care and want to do work that matters. We select people like us who believe that the most satisfying life is one that is outward-bound and rooted in servant-leadership.
The Med Care Manager/QMAP must administer, pour, pass, and document all routinely prescribed medications per physician orders under the direction of the Wellness Director and as approved by the State Medication Administration Regulations. You will quickly learn how each resident prefers to take their medication. Some may even play a game of hide and seek, pressing you to find where they may be in the community when it’s time for their medication.
- Health Insurance offerings such as medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Other Insurance offerings such as life, disability, accident, and critical illness insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- HSA options
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid sick, vacation and birthday!
- Career development programs and opportunity for advancement
- Charitable and philanthropic opportunities
- Administer and document regularly prescribed medications per the Medication Administration record observing the five rights for safe administering of meds and per physician orders.
- Order meds from the pharmacy when and as prescribed, 7 days prior to running out of meds, and as requested by the Wellness Director to ensure that residents always have medications available. Ensure these medications arrive, if not notify the Wellness Director within 24 hours.
- Immediately after administering medication to a resident, document in the resident’s medical record those medications given. Date and initial the bubble pack after taking the medication from it.
- Observe and report to the licensed nurse reactions and side effects of medication administered to the residents.
- Take and record vital signs prior to administration of medications which could affect or change vital signs as ordered by the Physician or Wellness Director.
- Administer PRN medications, per physician order.
- Required to report any medication error to the Wellness Director immediately.
- Assist with development and review of the resident’s care plan in conjunction with other disciplines
- Ensure residents privacy, respect and dignity
- Detect, correct, and report unsafe conditions which may result in harm to a resident
- Assure physical comfort, safety, and mental well-being of residents
- Assist in daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment of residents, such as toileting, grooming, bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair and nails, moving residents from area to area, responding to calls, etc
Evening Shift: 2:00 PM to 10:30PM
- Demonstration of our Core Values: Love, Kindness, Honesty, Goodness, Fairness, Respect.
- License/Certification: Successful completion of state approved Medication Administration training, First Aid certification as required by the ALF regulations. QMAP in the state of CO.
- Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer some previous experience in health-care, must have experience working in Assisted Living or Memory Care with a good work record, and experience administering medication in an assisted living setting. Must be capable of making decisions with the interest of the residents at heart and supportive of company policies and decisions.
- Continuing Education: as required by law and must attend monthly in-service education and training within the community.
- Other: Must be able to read and write English. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procurement manuals, etc. must have good communication skills and must be able to effectively communicate in English and understand and follow written and oral directions. Provide maximum resident-care services within limits defined by delegated tasks. Must show good judgement in recognizing symptoms indicative of a resident’s change in condition. Work with licensed nurses; be aware of limitations and not attempt to exceed these limitations.
- Job Knowledge: Perform the functions of medication administration. Knowledge of required Medication Administration Procedures. Good understanding of basis of universal precautions to avoid infection of residents and self or contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Industry Experience: Minimum three years’ experience in senior living preferred and a passion to work with seniors. Previous experience with an Assisted Living community.
*Team members who are scheduled to work 24 or more hours per week are eligible for benefits, families of said team members will also be eligible.
Evening Shift: 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
*Weekend day required