Caregiver at McCullough Place
Enlivant is seeking a Caregiver
at McCullough Place in Johnstown, PA
Who we are:
Enlivant is about living fully, passionately, and enriching lives through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. We have a sense of fun at every age, thriving in mind, body, and spirit. For more than 35 years, we have enriched the lives of thousands of residents in more than 200 senior living communities across the country.
Enlivant is a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry but also with each other.
How others describe us:
“Enlivant is where compassion for residents and their families trumps all else.”
“Employees enjoy the people they work with every day, and they find leadership cares and invests in their development and the company's culture.”
“I find Enlivant places value in becoming a company where everyone's personal diversity is valued and respected, and where everyone can reach their full potential. There’s a warmth and employees seem to genuinely care about each other.”
What we have to offer you:
- A commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Additional coverage options, including Short Term Disability, Accident, Legal, Critical Illness, and pet insurance
- A variety of family centered leaves, including New Child Leave
- Flexible paid and unpaid time-off benefits
- 401k Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on products/experiences through Purchasing Power/Perks at work
As a Caregiver, you will:
... be responsible for assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (iADLs), providing general supervision, and respecting residents' rights and needs of choice.
What you’ll do here:
- Assist residents with ADLs and iADLs including bathing, toileting, grooming, dressing, transferring, and eating in accordance with each person's individual care plan and task sheets
- Serve meals to residents in the dining room or apartments daily
- Document and notify community leadership team of any changes in resident’s physical condition and behavior in accordance with Enlivant policies and procedures
- Assist the Life Enrichment Coordinator in facilitating resident activities as they are scheduled
- Perform general housekeeping and resident laundry
- Take residents’ vital signs when appropriate
- Build meaningful relationships with residents through day-to-day interactions
- Follow Enlivant reporting guidelines involving resident abuse, neglect, exploitation, and other incidents
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’d love to talk if:
- You have a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- You meet, have, or are eligible to obtain all applicable state requirements and certifications
- You have basic written and oral English communication skills
- You care about serving seniors
Bonus points if:
- You are a Certified Nursing Assistant (or assisted living equivalent)
- You have 3 - 6 months of related experience and/or training in direct personal care
- You have the ability to work harmoniously with other employees and develop/maintain good employee relations and employee morale
- You exhibit good time management and organizational skills
- You engage others in fun and creative activities
- You have experience interacting with individuals diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
Pay Range: $12.50 - $14 / hour for licensed Caregivers, Based on Experience. Depends on experience for un-licensed applicants.
We’re also proud to be the first senior living company to earn the WELL Health-Safety Rating across all our communities.
You are required to complete any necessary health requirements which may change from time-to-time, such as vaccination.
Enlivant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified individuals will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender (including gender expression and identity), nationality and origin, disability (mental or physical), sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or other applicable characteristics.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.