Physician, Sleep Medicine
Ascension Macomb Oakland Hospital is looking for a Full-Time, Sleep Medicine physician to join our elite team!
Why Join Our Team
About Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital
- Level III Trauma Center with recognition for safety and quality in patient care.
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, the hospital offers Ascension Michigan Weight Loss Program, which performs more weight loss surgeries than any hospital in Southeast Michigan.
- Osteopathic teaching hospital affiliated with Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Combined with Ascension Macomb Oakland Hospital - Warren Campus, offering 15 accredited Graduate Medical Education programs
About Madison Heights
- Madison Heights borders Royal Oak
- Located within driving distance to the Detroit Zoo
- Royal Oak was named one of the coolest suburbs in America by Apartment Therapy Magazine and Best Downtown Shopping District by the Metrotimes
- Shares part of its border with Interstate I-696 and I-75 expressways
- Home to Red Oaks Water Park and Red Oaks Nature Center
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Macomb Oakland Hospital is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Sleep Medicine physician for the Sleep Disorders Center.
This is a a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Macomb Oakland Hospital to provide sleep medicine services to patients at the Sleep Disorders Center on campus at the hospital.
- Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Hospital employed position and has the flexibility for either full-time or part-time (24-30 hours/week) interest
- Average volume of 16-20 outpatients per day with option for virtual patient visits
- Sleep studies performed during daytime and evening hours at the Center
- There are no external call responsibilities associated with this opportunity
- Dedicated office staff includes one day time tech, two night time techs, two clerical support staff and one Office Manager
- Office is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST.
- Comprehensive compensation package available including competitive salary, benefits, malpractice coverage and other incentives
- Nearby communities offer some of the finest real estate in Michigan, along with public and private schools which consistently rank at the top of the nation
- Year-round recreational and social activities abound
- The physician will be expected to assess patients, order and interpret studies, document results in Athena EMR, communicate findings to referring physicians and show a willingness to work as an integral member of the healthcare team.
• Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• BC Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Neurology
• Completion of accredited Sleep Medicine Fellowship
• BE/BC in Sleep Medicine
• New graduates are encouraged to apply
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.