Mervyn Sharp Bennion Central Utah Veterans Home is seeking a dependable, enthusiastic, and dedicated Dietary Aide to join our outstanding team!
We want individuals that make patient care a top priority and can help us continue our tradition of providing excellent quality of care, and who would like to grow with us as we continue to build our service alliance! With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
At Mervyn Sharp we currently have 108 residents, 9 different units including Memory Care and Rehab. Each resident has their own private bedroom and bathroom. Each of our residents have served in at least 1 war anywhere from WWII - Operation Enduring Freedom.
Starting pay: $15.00hr+ depending on experience
Some of our amazing benefits including:
Medical, dental, Vision, and 401K
Career advancement courses
Flexible schedules available
Apply today for a fulfilling and worthwhile career with Avalon!
- Assist in food preparation, serving, and maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Check that plate and hot base lowerator is heated, steam table is properly heated.
- Ensure that accurate serving portions and food items are on each tray before loading to the food cart.
- Ensure that appropriate serving utensils are used; ensure that temperatures are within standards (all temperatures are logged and reviewed prior to tray-line).
- During tray line, ensure that the trays are garnished, neatly arranged, silverware, cups, and dishes are clean and plate covers are dry.
- After tray-line, check and record excess/shortage preparation, discuss with the supervisor.
- Must be 17 or older.
- Food Handler’s permit/ServeSafe certification as per state requirements.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must pass drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.