Infection Preventionist - Quality and Compliance
- Department: Quality and Compliance
- Schedule: Full-time, 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday
- Hospital: Ascension Providence
- Location: Southfiled and Novi, MI
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Plan, implement, and evaluate infection prevention and control measures.
- Monitor and investigate known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and ensure control.
- Review, analyze, and implement regulations, standards, and/or guidelines of applicable governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of educational programs and/or tools that relate to infection prevention, control, and epidemiology.
- Report infection surveillance, prevention and control in formation to local, state and federal public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation.
- Participate in the development of special studies designed to identify unusual epidemic situations or to evaluate the impact of new products, equipment or delivery of patient care. Report results to Infection Control Committee and other appropriate departments and/or committees.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Certification specializing in Infection Control credentialed from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC) preferred.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing preferred.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's
degree/Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certification specializing in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Michigan operates 16 hospitals and more than 300 related healthcare facilities that together employ nearly 23,000 compassionate associates. When you join our care teams, you join a team dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve throughout Michigan.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.