SUPV - NURSING
River Park Hospital, a 165-bed facility and a leader in behavioral health care, located in Huntington, WV has an opening for a full-time Nursing Supervisor (RN). River Park provides acute inpatient services to children, adolescents, adults and seniors and features a 22-bed residential treatment program for children and adolescents and a 25-bed adult forensic unit. River Park was recently recognized as a Top Performer by Joint Commission and maintains the highest standards for quality care.
Benefits for a Nursing Supervisor (RN) include:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off (21 PTO days per year)
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Psychiatric Nurse Residency Transition-to-Practice Program (Could earn 20 CEUs)
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Tuition Assistance up to $4,750/yr
- Tuition Forgiveness up to $200/mo with a lifetime maximum of $10,000
- Flexible scheduling
- 8 days off per pay period
- $12,000 retention bonus
The Nursing Supervisor (RN) assumes twenty- four hour responsibility for management, delivery and coordination of care for the assigned unit(s). This includes the assessment, planning, provision, and evaluation of patient care and nursing services for assigned nursing units. Consults with the Director of Nursing, staff, physicians, and other members of clinical administration on nursing problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure that patients' needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department(s) and participates in hospital wide PI initiatives. Responsible for mentoring RNs, LPNs, MHTs and other clinical staff as needed. Provides coverage as a nursing supervisor or staff nurse as assigned.
Essential Core Functions
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum.
Assuring/Improving Quality Care
- Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive safe, quality, and cost effective care.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality regarding all aspects of patient care and information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients, families, and Staff.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient or Staff outcomes.
- Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
- Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model.
- Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills related to patient's mental health and physical health needs
- Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care.
- Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others. Leads staff by example.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid West Virginia RN license.
- Prefer one year nursing supervisory experience and two years in a mental health setting
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse preferred
- Current certification in CPR
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Comply with all Administrative, Clinical, Corporate Compliance, and Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Actively support the mission, philosophy, and goals of the hospital.
- Communicate with sensitivity to growth, development, and cultural issues.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to RN's, LPN's, and MHT's and hospital staff during shifts.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care and the care milieu.
- Ensure that medication and treatment are administered as prescribed.
- Documentation reflects the care provided.
- Provide and direct milieu management, actively assists teachers and therapists, keeping safety foremost.
- Document nursing care and treatment progression through timely and accurate chart entries and nursing care plan updates.
- Ensure nurses complete treatment plan updates accurately and on time.
- Assess, direct, and intervene in crisis situations.
- Actively participate in treatment team decisions, collect and include data in care plan updates, assess patient need, design and implement programs, and document / evaluate patient responses.
- Model age, growth, and developmentally appropriate therapeutic communication in all interactions.
- Maintains qualified nursing staff by providing performance feedback and guidance for staff.
- Implements nursing goals within the nursing department.
- Determines needs for personnel, supplies, equipment, and physical plant.
- Maintains professional demeanor in dress, attitude, support of unit program, and hospital mission / philosophy.
- Works within budgeted FTE's for consistent patient care; Maintains fiscal responsibility within the hospital by adhering to budget allocations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What do our Nursing Supervisor (RN) value at River Park & UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Nursing Supervisor (RN) is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Supportive and responsive leadership. You are never alone, as you are part of a large network of peer nurses and nursing leaders that routinely exchange ideas and review current topics within the industry. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for skills diversification and career advancement as a Nursing Supervisor (RN) with UHS.
One of the Nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $10.77 billion in 2018. In 2020, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2019, ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 327 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
If you would like to learn more about the Nursing Supervisor (RN) position before applying, please contact Kristen Hann, HR Manager at Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.