OHSU’s Knight Cancer Institute Cancer Early Detection Advanced Research Center (CEDAR) is a collaborative multi-disciplinary research center dedicated to developing and translating new ways to find and cure cancer. Faculty carry out research projects in areas such as liquid biopsies for early warning or detection or cancer, development of new technology for identification or treatment of tumors, and understanding patient risk stratification and prognosis.
Every Knight Cancer employee is expected to embody our guiding principles:
- We act BOLDLY—Breakthroughs require pushing the boundaries of science, exploring new frontiers, and thinking differently
- We SUPPORT each other—Respect leads to trust, which leads to excellence
- We work as a CONNECTED team — We must leverage our collective brain power to conquer cancer because no one individual can do it alone
Function/Duties of Position
Under direct supervision, primarily performs basic research or lab activities similar to a Research Assistant 1 or Lab Aide*.
In a Clinical Research Setting:
- Assist with returning phone calls and emails to research study participants to screen and schedule clinical research appointments
- Contacts research subjects to provide return of test results if results are negative
- Data entry of research information
- May assist with outreach events in the community
- Other assignments as needed
CEDAR is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. We at CEDAR are dedicated to promoting inclusion and multiculturalism to build a successful organization by having outstanding researchers of diverse backgrounds work together on multiple projects. We highly encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Enrolled in or on vacation from or is otherwise registered in:
- High School, OR
- Undergraduate Program(minimum 6 credit hours), OR
- Graduate Program(minimum 4.5 credit hours)
Apply online. Please be sure to upload a Cover Letter and Resume/CV.
Effective Oct. 18, 2021, all OHSU employees were required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they had an approved medical or religious exception. If you are hired by OHSU after Oct. 18, you will need to be fully vaccinated (or obtain an approved exception) prior to starting work, and need to provide proof of vaccination (or approved exception) within 10 days of starting work.
All are welcomeOregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.