- Department: Security
- Schedule: 3pm-11:30pm, Thursday-Monday, holidays as needed.
- Hospital: Ascenison Mercy
- Location: Aurora, IL
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans.
- May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Train and mentor staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures.
- Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provides for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid accidents and traffic or parking violations.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Drivers License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider preferred. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Security Guard credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation preferred. Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) card preferred.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
- Healthcare experience.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Illinois delivers compassionate, personalized care throughout Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. As one of the largest health systems in Illinois with 15 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care, you will find an environment that allows you to thrive and create a career path you love. Join a diverse team of more than 17,000 associates and more than 600 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.