Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Pediatric Pulmonology Department
- Sign-on bonus: $5000.00
- Department: Pediatric Pulmonology
- Schedule: 8-hour day shift; Monday - Friday
- Hospital: Far West Clinic
- Location: Austin, TX (Travel)
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- One or more of the following required:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcareer Association obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Association for Health Professionals obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Certification (AMCA) also accepted.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations in Central Texas and four teaching hospitals, including Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.