Art, Music or Recreational Therapist - PRN
PRN Art, Music or Recreational Therapist
Poplar Springs Hospital, a 183 bed acute care and residential facility, is located in Petersburg, Virginia, 20 minutes south of Richmond and 50 miles north of North Carolina. Situated on 25 acres, our serene, nature-like setting offers our patients a sense of calmness and peace. For more than 30 years Poplar Springs Hospital has been guided by its mission of helping those who need the full continuum of behavioral services. Our facility offers behavioral and psychological treatment for adults and adolescents through our acute programs, adolescent residential programs, as well as programs for active duty military.
Therapist will provide ancillary therapy assessments/consults, group activity therapy sessions. Will carry a case load, develop and implement therapeutic activity sessions, and complete all related documentation. Will assist with development of a related program strategy and monitoring and evaluating patient outcomes. Interacts with medical, nursing and other program staff members. Provides timely and accurate documentation. Participates in referral development activities as directed.
Cosigns therapy notes as needed to assure timely charting of AT documentation. Assists in providing training and orientation to new activity therapists. Directly supports staff development training and clinical education. Participates in performance improvement committees and other hospital committees as assigned. Assists in recruitment and supervision of student interns. Performs continuous quality improvement activities. Orders supplies and utilizes resources in a fiscally responsible manner to provide quality activity programming. Maintains the environment of care. Actively communicates with AT Director and AT team members as necessary all issues related to AT services. Performs other duties as assigned.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Corporate Human Resources
- Registered Art Therapist (ATR), Registered Art Therapist- Board Certified (ATR-BC).
- Handle with Care certification preferred
- CPR certification preferred
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One to two years experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age per Commonwealth of Virginia Interdepartmental Regulation of Children’s Residential Facilities. (22VAC42-11-380, pg. 43)
- Must have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Good communication skills; must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Basic clerical skills, basic experience with office equipment (telephone, copy machine, fax, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to problem solve and accept feedback when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Willingness to interact with patients with varying levels of cognitive functioning.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work cooperatively on a multidisciplinary activity therapy team
- Ability to multitask and independently manage time in an efficient manner.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.