Certified Nursing Assistant- Public Health Pathways Program
The Public Health Pathways program provides Certified Nursing Assistant certificate and Practical Nurse degree training to select applicants. Upon successful completion of the CNA training program, applicants will be hired as a Certified Nursing Assistant at the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. The Certified Nursing Assistant is a member of the multidisciplinary health care team, that delivers quality patient care under the supervision of the licensed professional and in accordance with the individualized plan of care to ensure the continuity of care The Public Health Pathways program is co-sponsored by UM St. Joseph Medical Center, CCBC and Baltimore County Government.
When you come to the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 218-bed suburban Baltimore, Maryland campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority. Joining our team of healthcare professionals means you’ll be contributing to a locally and nationally recognized institution. UM St. Joseph has been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a grade ‘A’ hospital and by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in both the state and Baltimore Metro area, making UM St. Joseph the highest-ranking community hospital in Maryland. In addition, we’ve been consistently recognized as a top employer by Baltimore magazine.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• BLS Certification (Obtained as part of the Public Health Pathways program)
• State registered certification for C.N.A.. (Obtained as part of the Public Health Pathways program)
• Required Skills: Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written. Ability to organize patient needs in the delivery of basic, direct patient care.
The Public Health Pathways Program provides 30 scholarships to fully cover the cost of tuition and all educational fees for a customized Certified Nursing Assistant and the Practical Nursing Program at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC). https://www.ccbcmd.edu/nursingpathway
In order to remove barriers to learning, students selected to participate in the program will also receive a $1,000 per month workforce stipend while enrolled in coursework, which can be flexibly used to supplement wages, address transportation or housing needs, and pay for childcare, or other workforce-related barriers. Participants will receive a $500 bonus upon the successful completion of each education program. Participants will be guaranteed employment at the University of St. Joseph Medical Center (UM SJMC) as a Certified Nursing Assistant upon successful completion of the CCBC CNA training program and credentialing assessment.
• Participants must be seeking a career as a nurse.
• Participants must be willing to commit to 24 months of education coursework at both CCBC and University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center campus locations.
• Participants must be willing to work at least three 12 hour shifts per week at St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Maryland.
• Completion of the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center Employment application
• High School Degree or GED
• Valid social security number, a mandatory requirement to receive a Certified Nursing Assistant certificate in Maryland.• Completion of all pre-program academic screening assessments and interviews.
• Completion of all UM SJMC onboarding on-boarding process, which includes background check, pre-employment health assessment, and I-9 verification.
• Participants must qualify for one or more of the following: SNAP, Emergency Rental Assistance, TANF, Temporary Sash Assistance, Temporary Disabilities Assistance Program, Emergency Assistance for Families and Children, Medical Assistance, or Baltimore County Supportive Housing Programs.
Applicants must complete the online application and attend a mandatory information session. To register for the information session, visit https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ACD6KiZ3IEmpVwOXw0D8PW08DCnDIihHhygHCp61MwhUNU5aRlc3OEdUMlBNTlRUNFRaS0VCQU1IVC4u&origin=QRCode
***Please complete the full employment application in addition to registering for the mandatory information session.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.