Mental Health Psychiatric Technician, Part-time 2nd Shift
Forest View Hospital, located just seven miles southeast of downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a private 108 bed psychiatric facility that serves children, adolescents and adults. We are licensed by the State of Michigan, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and we bring more than 45 years of experience to the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of behavioral health problems. As a part of our continued success and growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for a Mental Health Technician position.
Visit us online at: https://forestviewhospital.com/
The Mental Health/Psychiatric Technician is an important role at Forest View Hospital. They carry out daily routines of patient care, engage in patient activities, and help keep our patients safe. This position actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision, and Values of Forest View Hospital using our Service Excellence Program.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes rounds on patients every 15 minutes or sooner to provide patient safety. Documents according to policies.
- Demonstrates awareness of the key elements of the treatment plans for all assigned patients and provides intervention/care accordingly on an individualized basis.
- Participates or facilitates in assigned groups and activities.
- Participates with other personnel in maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu. Provides verbal de-escalation techniques and physical management, as needed.
- Assists patients with their personal grooming and personal hygiene, appropriate to the patient’s age, developmental level and needs.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Basic Life Insurance of 1x your salary
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Pet Insurance and much more
Hours for this positions are full-time or part-time, second shift (3:30pm-12am). The schedule does include a every other weekend rotation.
Apply online or call our team at 616-957-2338.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Forest View Hospital is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. Forest View Hospital is an equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At Forest View Hospital, our Human Resources department is here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Forest View Hospital, UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Mental Health Technician Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Sciences or related experience preferred.
- Must present proof of COVID -19 Vaccination status or request an exemption due to a qualifying medical reason or a religious exemption based on sincerely held religious beliefs.