Medical Lab Technician PRN
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a Medical Lab Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center which is part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Lab Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) utilizes skills and training to perform test of samples of blood, urine and other body fluids to obtain information utilized in diagnosis and evaluation of patient medical status. Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of the facility.
What you will do in this role:
- You will handle specimen processing, preanalytic inspection of specimens for identification and integrity.
- You will perform various types of laboratory test(s) on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test results in Laboratory Information System.
- You will perform and evaluates periodic quality control per policy and procedure.
- You will evaluate new and/or modified procedures, reagents and instruments as directed by Section Coordinator.
- Troubleshoots all instruments as directed by Section Coordinator..
- Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals set by the Laboratory Director and Manager
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate Degree; Graduate from a NCCLS accredited Medical Technician program.
- Hospital laboratory experience preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Serving our community for the past 40 years, TriStar Southern Hills has been a leader for a wide range of healthcare services. These include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedics and rehabilitation. TriStar Southern Hills is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center. There are more than 300 board certified physicians representing more than 20 specialties. Many have offices located on our campus.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Lab Technologist opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status