PATIENT ACCESS REP
At UM Capital Region Medical Center, we are about to changeUP everything with the opening of our new hospital in 2021!
Located in Largo in the heart of Prince George’s County, our new state-of-the-art regional medical center (UM Capital Region Medical Center) will provide improved access to primary and ambulatory care services, and serve as a tertiary care center for critically ill patients. In addition, our new space will allow us to expand our offerings as a community partner to help improve the health status of Prince George’s County residents.
We are looking for A Patient Access Representative to join our extraordinary Registration Services Team at University of Maryland Capital Region Medical Center as a number of new career pathways makes this the perfect time for you to join our team. Our affiliation with the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) have created new pathways and makes this the perfect time for you to join our team.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a small, cohesive team of experienced professionals
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage.
- Great Work Life Balance: You will accrue paid annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistant program.
- Competitive salary
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement.
Under regular supervision performs all outpatient and inpatient registration functions including hospital point of service collections, electronic patient bed management responsibilities and insurance verification. Process patients through the registration functions as quickly as possible while collecting complete and accurate personal, clinical and financial information. Provides general information to hospital users, patients and families. Communicates effectively to service delivery areas to maximize patient flow and customer service.
THE MEDICAL HEART OF MARYLAND
Treating over 330,000 patients every year, the University of Maryland Medical Center is at the vital core of Maryland's health care system and community. We're known for our prestigious expertise in innovative research and education, along with the talented staff and advanced centers that make it all possible. The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the world's first center dedicated to trauma, treats more than 7,500 critically injured patients a year with an incredible 97 percent survival rate. We also have one of the nation's largest kidney and pancreas transplant programs at The Joseph and Corinne Schwartz Division of Transplantation, home to Maryland's first steroid-free protocol and pancreas/kidney transplant. From our National Cancer Institute-designated UM Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center to The University of Maryland's Children's Hospital, one of the largest pediatric centers in the state, we are dedicated to saving and transforming lives.
- customer service to patients in a healthcare setting. A hospital setting is preferred.
- *Must be able to type 25 WPM and pass clerical exam.
- *Ability to speak read and write in English fluently, a secondary language is a plus.
- *Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- * Medical Terminology preferred.