MGR - CORPORATE RISK
Join a dynamic organization driven by our passion for healthcare. UHS is seeking talented individuals who are eager to contribute their expertise and pursue rewarding careers. As a leader in acute care and behavioral health, UHS provides high-quality care to over 3 million patients annually, across our national network of facilities.
The UHS Corporate Insurance Department is hiring a Corporate Risk Manager is responsible for provides consultation, direction, and oversight of risk management activities at the division level for an assigned group of facilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Strategic corporate position serving as a member of the PsychSafe Patient Safety Evaluation System (PSES) Workforce, a federally listed Patient Safety Organization (PSO).
- Manages the PsychSafe Mini Site compliance of assigned facilities directs organizational efforts in collection, management, and analysis of Patient Safety Work Product (PSWP).
- Examine Root Cause Analyses of patient safety and quality of care incidents.
- Data driven position responsible to collect data, analyze trends and implement strategies at the division level to improve patient safety and the quality of health care delivery.
- Responsible to manage and direct input and content of Healthcare Peer Review Reports (HPRs) and Probable Claims Reports (PCRs) within various database systems.
- Provides consultation and direction to facility-based Risk Managers when complex patient safety situations arise and responds to such situations.
- Collaborates with claims departments on risk related issues.
Bachelor’s degree and/or healthcare licensure in a related healthcare and/or management/administrative field. Master’s Degree in a healthcare related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in healthcare organization with increasing responsibility in risk prevention and risk management with progressive achievement.
- critical thinking skills and independent analysis of identified problems, effectively problem solves utilizing appropriate resources for corrective actions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk identification and prevention techniques. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of healthcare facility (BH or Acute) operations, functions, and staffing requirements.
- Knowledge of medical/professional staff by-laws and governing board issues.
- Knowledge of Performance Improvement techniques/methodologies.
- Knowledge of insurance and loss control theory and practice in a healthcare environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and procedures for the investigation and processing of professional liability/medical malpractice claims
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.