Director of Memory Care
Palm Harbor, Florida
Has oversight for non-licensed operations in Memory Care. Has the responsibility of the safety and well-being of all MC residents. Actively manages resident safety, life enrichment programs, non-licensed care, social settings in dining, and appropriate dementia environment. Has the ability as an Alzheimer’s trainer, support group facilitator and family advocate. Is overall responsible for providing a pleasant living environment for residents under his/her charge and creates a positive workplace for associates.
- Supervise and direct Memory Care associates.
- Maintain stimulating life enrichment activity programs that empower, maintain and support individual preferences and capabilities.
- Maintain environments that promote feelings of safety and security, overall well-being and happiness in personal and congregate areas of the community.
- Maintain a positive social model (non-clinical) resulting in a home like environment.
- Interview residents and families prior to admission and partner in review with the Director of Resident Care. Completion of Person Centered Care (PCC) reviews on all new residents admitted.
- Ensure residents non licensed Activities of Daily Living (ADL)such as bathing, dressing, grooming, dining, continence care, mobility and other functions are being met through partnership with Director of Resident Care.
- Train associates and model expectation for resident’s successful dining experience.
- Responds to resident, family and associate concerns in an appropriate, timely and courteous manner.
- Develop and execute calendar of Life Enrichment programs. Ensure proper documentation of Life Enrichment programs on a daily basis.
- Oversight of Family Partnership volunteer program for memory care.
- Ensure that associates makes resident rounds every two hours or as required to ensure safety.
- Assist in the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Accept any other tasks, assignments or requests as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Recognizing changes in residents’ conditions and reporting such changes to the Director of resident care.
- Reporting immediately all accidents involving residents to the Director of Resident Care.
- Understanding and communicating fire and emergency procedures, hazardous materials, MSDS, and Community safety precautions.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with Universal Precautions including but not limited to infection control standards, hazardous waste policies, blood borne pathogens and all safety rules.
- Pursuing education development in Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant leadership
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings and participates Life Enrichment activities when able
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University if applicable
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person using the Safe Return program or equivalent
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent education and experience; subject to State requirements.
- Training in dementia care or Alzheimer’s is strongly preferred.
- Able to effectively supervise a diverse employee work group
- One to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education, experience and staff management
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Outlook software. Basic typing skills required
- Previous experience in caring for seniors in an assisted living or nursing home environment.
- Supervision and management experience to supervise staff.